that fake made-up buzzword “syncrosity” is getting an invitation from one group of friends to go to the coney island polar bear swim, and finding out upon checking in with your tentative brunch friends that they had been secretly thinking of swimming too.
all reports seem to point towards it being awfully good weather for a swim (50s, perhaps rainy) too, so obviously this is something that is Meant To Be. I am so dorkily excited!
Even though I say every year I want to make it to 100 books, this is the first time I’ve really done it, since I’ve started keeping track. rock’n’roll. So to celebrate, here are some dorky book stats:
- total number of books read in 2006: 102
- number of non-fiction: 21
- number of fiction: 81
- number of YA books: 24
- number of YA romances: 14
- number of mystery novels: 26
- number of religious books: 9
- number of graphic novels: 2
- number of series read in their entirety: 3 [Lord Peter Wimsey, Brian McLaren, Sue Barton Nurse books], but also read a lot of the sunfire romances so maybe 3 3/4? And I’m about 1/2way done with the Amelia Peters books.
- number of biography/autobiography/memoirs: 8
96. A Mother’s Gift by Britney and Lynne Spears
97. The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan
98. Lion in the Valley by Elizabeth Peters
99. The Deeds of the Disturber by Elizabeth Peters
100. Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
101. The Last Camel Died at Noon by Elizabeth Peters
102. THe Crocodile, the Snake, and the Dog by Elizabeth Peters
when I found out that Britney Spears wrote a YA book, I had to read it. and it was at my library! it also wasn’t that bad. It’s a decent addition to my list of BOOKS WRITEN BY CELEBRITIES.
The Worst Hard Time won the National Book Award this year, and I drove home listening to an interview with the author on Fresh Air. I went straight into the library and picked up the book straight-away, and told the librarian how excited I was to read it! she was like: “oh?” I don’t think my dedication to picking up a book right away impressed her.
Look forward for dorky book stats!